IIT Guwahati will hold the IIT JAM on February 12, 2023. This postgraduate Science entrance exam has seven test papers, or subjects, and candidates are told to look at IIT JAM prep tips for the subject they are taking.
To get the selection in IIT JAM Exam is not an easy task. You need to prepare the best strategy to qualify for the IIT JAM 2023 exam.
Below, we have mentioned some important topics with IIT JAM preparation tips so that you can get selection for IIT JAM 2023.
Important Topics for IIT JAM 2023 – For All Subjects
IIT JAM Physics
- Mathematical Methods
- Mechanics and General Properties of Matter
- Oscillations, Waves and Optics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Kinetic theory, Thermodynamics
- Modern Physics
- Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics
- Simple Oscillators
- Boolean algebra
IIT JAM Mathematics
- Sequences and Series of Real Number
- The function of One Real Variable
- Function of Two or Three Real Variables
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equation
- Group Theory
- Linear Algebra
- Vector Calculus
IIT JAM Biological Science
- General Biology
- Basics of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biophysics
- Microbiology, Cell Biology, and Immunology
- Mathematical Sciences
IIT JAM Biotechnology
- General Biology
- Biochemistry and Physiology
- Basic Biotechnology
- Cell Biology
- Chemistry [(10+2+3) Level]
- Physics & Mathematics[(10+2) Level]
IIT JAM Geology
- The Planet Earth
- Structural Geology
- Economic Geology
- Applied Geology
IIT JAM Mathematical Statistics
- Sequences and Series
- Differential & Integral Calculus
- Random Variables
- Standard, Joint & Sampling Distributions
- Limit Theorems
- Testing of Hypotheses
Also Read: Best tips to manage study along with the competitive exam
Know the Exam Pattern for IIT JAM 2023
Each subject for which IIT JAM is held has its own set of questions. Candidates have three hours to complete 60 questions for each subject. The three sections of IIT JAM 2023 are A, B, and C. The IIT JAM test format is described below:
|Section||Type of Questions||No of Question|
|A||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)||30|
|B||Multiple Select Questions (MSQs)||10|
|C||Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||20|
How to Prepare for IIT JAM 2023?
Right preparation with the right guidance at the correct time is the most important thing for JAM Aspirants. Because this exam requires very persistent and dedicated efforts. Once time is gone then nothing you can achieve. You have to wait for next year. So, start preparing for IIT JAM 2023.
IIT JAM is a very competitive entrance exam, and those who want to do well on this science entrance exam need a plan. Here are some important things that people who want to get into IIT should keep in mind when planning their IIT JAM study plan.
- First of all, check the complete IIT JAM Important Dates.
- Know the complete syllabus and mark your important & weak topics.0
- Make your timetable to cover revision, solved papers & complete rest.
- Check the IIT JAM Result of the previous year and set your target according to the cut-off marks.
- Focus on important topics which have high weightage in the exam.
- Learn all theorems, reactions and formulas. You can make a formula chart and put them in front of your study table so that you can revise easily.
- Prepare topics one by one and cover your complete syllabus. In mathematics, you should revise all the topics which you covered.
- Make your own notes so that you can understand easily.
- Revise from time to time all the topics which you covered and last revise the complete syllabus.
- Don’t forget to solve the previous year’s question papers and sample papers. It will help you to analyze your preparation. You will find your weak areas after solving the papers.
- Take a complete rest. Eat healthily, and live healthily.
We hope now you can start your preparation with the proper study plan.
However, if you have any queries regarding this then connect freely with Eduncle at any time.
Thank You and All the Best!