Water heaters these days are one of the critical home electrical appliances that offer us many benefits. Apart from taking a hot shower bath in a chilly morning, it also helps in doing various household chores like washing clothes and utensils, etc. But many homeowners don’t maintain their water heater by taking it for granted. That means they don’t take care of their home water heater until it stops working.
According to water heater repair Orange County experts, the typical lifespan of a water heater is around 10 to 12 years only if you properly maintain the water heater. If not, you have to replace it within 5 to 8 years. So, in order to know more about the water heater, let’s deep dive into the facts about the water heater. They are: –
- Energy usage
According to a report, approximately ¼ of energy is consumed by the water heater, which you use for various purposes like taking hot water showers. Washing utensils, laundry, and many more things. However, if you talk about America, the people over there use around 80 to 120 gallons of hot water each day.
- Proper installation
If you, as the common man or inexperienced individual, try to install a water heater on your own to save money, severe issues can result. Some explode, leak carbon monoxide, electric shocks, fire erupts, etc. So, if you want to save your family and your home from significant problems, make sure to call the water heater installation Orange County professionals.
- Different names
Every nation in the world doesn’t call this electrical equipment a water heater. That means different countries called it various names. Like. In England, it is called multipoint geysers; in New Zealand and Australia, it is called instantaneous hot water units; in North America, it is called tankless hot water heaters or on-demand hot water heaters.
- Explode water heaters
Do most people think that’s why water heaters explode? But according to reports, there is a myth of exploding water heaters which is quite rare, but no doubt it is true. However, in various severe situations, it can explode, but there is a best way to prevent the water heater from exploding. Some of them regulate the temperature via thermostats and also check the smell of rust and smells of leaking gas.
- Purchasing percentage
The American people buy water heaters an insignificant amount. According to the Star Reports, around 8 million people replace their water heater annually. However, the newly installed water heaters are not included in this figure.
- Consumers don’t have money to pay for water heater
According to the report of the Federal Reserve, half of the nation’s consumers cannot pay for repairs without borrowing money from someone or selling anything. Another half of the population has to finance a water heater.
- 7. The first model of water heater
Do you know that the first model of a water heater emerged in the year 1868? If you ask how? One of the painters of London placed burner’s bottom of the water pipes to heat water. This incident inspired Norwegian mechanical engineer Edwin Rhud to invest in the first water heater, which is a tank type, and after that, this idea was bought in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Precaution must be taken
According to the experts, while using a water heater, you must be cautious as human skin can suffer third-degree burns in less than 5 seconds if the water is too hot. So, set the temperature of the water heater at an optimum level for safety.
- The early 1900s were called the Golden Age of water heaters
The reason is many of the companies are established this year which is around 150. But with time, only a handful exist in a nation like the USA.
The reason is that new technology has devised the past technology, which we now call modern water heaters.
Water heater safety tips you must know
The water heater is an integral part of human life these days as it offers us many benefits. But do you know that water heaters can be dangerous also if you don’t follow some of the safety tips? The reason is that the water heater used water, electricity, and no doubt high temperature to heat water. That means when these things combine, mishaps can happen at any time. So, in order to be safe and secure, ensure to follow some of the safety measures.
They are: –
- No doubt you enjoy taking a hot shower, but it is not a good idea to use extremely hot water. So, according to experts, set the temperature of the water between 45 to 50 degrees.
- Always hire a water heater installation Orange County professional for the installation work as they are professional in their work. Apart from that, they are highly experienced, skilled individuals and have the right qualifications for the job and will do the best work without any issues. But if you go for any local plumber to install a water heater due to lack of experience, they can damage the water heater.
- Regular servicing of the water heater is essential to run it efficiently and for an extended period of time. Apart from that, serving every six months will help you to spot the issues which can become serious if left unattended and can lead to hazardous accidents.
- If you own a gas water heater in your home, ensure it is installed in a fully ventilated area. The reason is in case of unwanted gas leakage, it cannot harm anyone in the home. Moreover, if you talk about electric water heaters, they also inspect the vents regularly to check if they are clogged or not.
The bottom line
In the above post, you have read about the facts of water heaters, which are known by fewer people all over the world. Apart from that, some of the best safety tips are discussed so that you take care of them while using the water heater at home by Water heater repair Orange County.